Wednesday 25 July 2012

Encouraging You


Encouraging You

I want to encourage someone today.

This morning I woke up with an encouraging message on my mind. There are many who go to churches where folk are encouraged to share a prayer or a thought that may encourage others. However, there are also many who think that their prayer; their thought isn’t good enough to share with everybody.

The Lord showed me our own church sanctuary and He showed me people and their thoughts as the morning progressed. This is roughly how it went.

“Lord, I can’t say that. I don’t have the passion Jim has. I cannot express myself well enough. I am not an exhorter like Jim.” The Lord answered, “Do not worry about the words you use, I will use them for you, and your message will hit home where I intend it to hit home.”

Someone else said, “I can’t pray that Lord. I cannot pray like Ted prays. I don’t have his gift with words like Ted does. His prayers are beautiful – mine are so plain.” The Lord answered, “Have you not read in My Word, your prayers ascend as a fragrance before My throne. I collect your prayers just as much as I collect Ted’s prayers – in a sweet smelling perfumed bowl. Use your own words – I look at your heart before I listen to your words, so say them anyway. They will achieve whatever I want them to achieve.”

The Lord is encouraging all who would pray to pray, in their own words, not taking notice of anyone else. Just pray to God and allow the world to listen. The same with encouragement, just say the words because God will use your words – simple or complex – to reach the hearts of those He wants to reach.

Step out of your comfort zone but trust God whilst doing so. He will use you as much as He will use the most eloquent speaker or pray-er.

Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment